Alfa – The Scandinavian Mobility Services Company adheres to ethical standards that are top of mind on a global level.
We are supporting the UN Global Compact’s ten principles; and as a member company since 2013 we are expected to:
1. Make the Global Compact and its principles an essential part of our business strategy, day-to-day operations and organizational culture;
2. Incorporate the Global Compact and its principles into the decision-making processes of the highest-level governance body (i.e. Board);
3. Contribute to broad development objectives (including the Millennium Development Goals) through core business activities, advocacy, philanthropy and partnerships
4. Communicate publicly (through an annual report or other public document such as a sustainability report) the ways in which we implement the principles and support broader development objectives – also known as the Communication on Progress; and
5. Advance the Global Compact and the case for responsible business practices through advocacy and active outreach to peers, partners, clients, consumers and the public at large.
The UN Global Compact principles consist of four areas, with a total of 10 principles;
Principle 1: Businesses should support and respect the protection of internationally proclaimed human rights; and
Principle 2: make sure they are not complicit in human rights abuses.
Principle 3: Businesses should uphold the freedom of association and the effective recognition of the right to collective bargaining;
Principle 4: the elimination of all forms of forced and compulsory labour;
Principle 5: the effective abolition of child labour; and
Principle 6: the elimination of discrimination in respect of employment and occupation.
Principle 7: Businesses should support a precautionary approach to environmental challenges;
Principle 8: undertake initiatives to promote greater environmental responsibility; and
Principle 9: encourage the development and diffusion of environmentally friendly technologies.
Principle 10: Businesses should work against corruption in all its forms, including extortion and bribery.
Source: UN Global Compact